SSMT 2017: Verse 3!

ssmt-v3

Hey Everyone! Time for our next verse! Queen Esther and I are inching our way through the one-chapter book of Philemon so this puts me on the third verse:

Beth Moore from Houston, Texas: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.” Philemon 3 ESV

ssmt-v3-star

I love, love, LOVE the verse below if you could use a recommendation this time around. I love what it promises. I love its rhythm. I love that it moves from “God is able” to the promise that frail humans like us who trust in Him “will abound in EVERY GOOD WORK.” Abundant life (John 10:10) abounds in good works. That, Darling, will preach.

And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.  2 Corinthians 9:8 NIV

DON’T YOU DARE QUIT!!!!

I love you. I’m proud of you. May Jesus be all over you today, loved ones.

3,039 Responses to “SSMT 2017: Verse 3!”

Comments:

Beth Kellett says:

Beth ~ Calgary, AB, Canada

“Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths.”
    ‭‭Psalm‬ ‭25:4‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Cheryl says:

Cheryl from Charlottesville- Her husband trusts her completely. With her, he has everything he needs. Proverbs 31:11 (NCV)

Joanna Foss says:

Dress for action like a man, I will question you and you will make it known to me.
    Job 38:3 esv

Fran Plott says:

Fran Plott, Opelika, AL
    “Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.” Philemon 3 ESV

Andrea says:

Andrea
    Berkeley Springs, WV

It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.
    Psalm 18:32 NIV

Susan says:

This verse is exactly what I needed. I started your book “Praying Gids Word” six weeks ago. I, like you, almost instantly went from being of “no concern” then elevated to being a “threat” to Satan. My family is under attack and I’m claiming and clinging to Gods promise “When the enemy (Satan) comes in like a flood (attack) the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up (Jesus) a standard (the shed blood of Christ) against them”. I believe the Lord has given me a task to perform for Him which involves great opposition from the enemy. Your prayers are greatly needed. I’ve been a Christian for 42 years, but mostly from the sidelines until about 8 years ago when the Lord brought me out of my comfort zone. Prayers are desperately needed as our God consumes the dross in me, and refines the gold. Thank you for your service Him.

Dawn Deare says:

Dawn Deare – Lafayette, LA
    Psalm 119:51 ESV – The insolent utterly deride me but I do not turn away from your law.

Becky Bigbie says:

Becky Bigbie from Highland Village, Tx
    And become one with him. I no longer count on my own goodness or my ability to obey God’s law, but I trust in Christ to save me. For God’s way of making us right with himself depends on faith. Philemon 3:9 NLV