SSMT 2017: Verse 3!

ssmt-v3

Hey Everyone! Time for our next verse! Queen Esther and I are inching our way through the one-chapter book of Philemon so this puts me on the third verse:

Beth Moore from Houston, Texas: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.” Philemon 3 ESV

ssmt-v3-star

I love, love, LOVE the verse below if you could use a recommendation this time around. I love what it promises. I love its rhythm. I love that it moves from “God is able” to the promise that frail humans like us who trust in Him “will abound in EVERY GOOD WORK.” Abundant life (John 10:10) abounds in good works. That, Darling, will preach.

And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.  2 Corinthians 9:8 NIV

DON’T YOU DARE QUIT!!!!

I love you. I’m proud of you. May Jesus be all over you today, loved ones.

3,114 Responses to “SSMT 2017: Verse 3!”

Comments:

Debbie Sanford says:

Debbie, Hattiesburg, MS
    “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea drive. And tossed by the wind,”
    James 1:5-6 (NKJV)

Mickey says:

Mickey from Missouri

Better is the end of a thing than the beginning of it, and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.

Ecclesiastes 7:8 AMPC

Patricia Clevenger says:

Patricia Clevenger from Midland, Texas.

“And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.” 2 Corinthians 9:8 NIV

Rebecca Cody says:

Rebecca, Myrtle Beach, sc
    Do not be afraid, for you will not be put to shame; don’t be humiliated for you will not be disgraced. For you will forget the shame of your youth, and you will no longer remember the disgraced of your widowhood. For your husband is your maker–His name is Yhwh of Hosts–and the holy one of Israel is your Redeemer; He is called God of all the earth.Isaiah 54:4-5 Esv

Darcy says:

Darcy from Rosenberg, TX
    And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 2 Corinthians 9:8 NIV

Peggy says:

March 6, 2017
    And whatever you do in word or deed,do all in the name of the Lord Jesus and give thanks to God and the Father by Him.
    Col. 3:17

JULIE A REYNOLDS says:

Julie, Eclectic, AL “The He replied, ‘My presence will go with you, and I we’ll give you rest. ‘” Exodus 33:14 HCSB

Hillary Mancuso says:

Hillary Mancuso
    Ft worth, TX
    Psalm 103:3 NASB
    “Who pardons all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases;”

Anne Lewis says:

Anne Lewis, Simpsonville, SC
    The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my Savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. Psalm 18:2 NLT

Jamie Raborn says:

Jamie Raborn from Ooltewah, TN

James 1:6-7 NKJV

[6] But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.

[7] For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;

Susan Hudson says:

Thank you so much for sharing this verse. I needed this powerful reminder at this very moment. I actually taught on this verse just last week in our Ladies Bible study. But I have been struggling with the truth, “All sufficiency-always-all things…” I am asking the Lord to increase my faith and to really know the truth of this Scripture. I often “feel” so insufficient. I was scrolling through your blog and saw this and it was a sweet reminder from our Lord of His promise. Now to believe it and act upon it. Blessings to all of you at LPM.

Laura Feyen says:

Laura, Englewood, Co.

Your gold and silver have rusted and their rust will be a witness against you. It will consume your flesh like fire. It is in the last days that you have hoarded treasures!

Johnine says:

Johnine from Anna, Texas

Who will being any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies.
    Romans 8:33 NIV

Jodi says:

From DFW
    “You have searched me, Lord, and you know me.”
    ‭‭Psalm‬ ‭139:1‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Tonya Thibodeaux says:

Tonya Thibodeaux, DeQuincy, Louisiana

“For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.”

Psalm 91:11 NIV

March 11th…Happy Birthday Josie Lynne 🙂

Lynn Greene says:

Lynn Greene, Shelby, NC – Mark 11:24 NIV
    “Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.”

Mackenzie Greene, Shelby, NC – Matthew 5:16 NIV
    “In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in Heaven.”

Karen Maggi says:

Karen Maggi, Southlake, TX

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.
    Psalm 139: 6 NIV

Michelle says:

From Queen City TX
    NIV Psalm 31:1
    In you Lord, I have taken refuge, let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness.

Lyli says:

Lyli, Fort Lauderdale, FL:

” ‘For the mountains shall depart and the hills be removed, but my kindness shall not depart from you, not shall my covenent of peace be removed,’ says the Lord, who has mercy on you'” (Isaiah 54:10, NKJV).

Kristy McIntyre says:

Kristy McIntyre- Eugene, OR Ephesians 1:6 NIV
    ” to the praise of his glorious Grace which he has freely given us in the one he loves “

Carol houghton says:

Carol, Bryan, Texas
    “and in your knowledge, self-control, and in your self-control, perseverance, and in your perseverance, godliness…” 2 Peter 1:6 NASB

Vanessa says:

Johnson City

Psalm 23:1
    KJV
    1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want.

Becky Snapp says:

Becky -Cynthiana KY

1 Peter 3:10 NIV
    Whoever would love life and see good days must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from deceitful speech.

Sherry Yost says:

Sherry-Layton UT
    Mercy, peace, and love be yours in abundance. Jude 1:2

Jean; Moultrie, GA says:

Romans 4:9
    Is this blessedness only for the circumcised, or also for the uncircumcised? We have been saying that Abraham’s faith was credited to him as righteousness.

Becky says:

Becky, St. Augustine, Florida. “I have been reminded of your sincere faith, which first
    lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now
    lives in you also.” 2 Timothy 1:5 NIV

Davina says:

Davina from Novato, CA: “You have enlarged the nation and increased their joy; they rejoice before you as people rejoice at the harvest, as men rejoice when dividing the plunder.” Isaiah 9:3 NIV

Peggy Langille says:

Peggy, Yorktown VA

Everyone should look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others Phi 2:4 HCSB

Becky Black says:

Becky Black from Brownsburg, IN Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. v4 James 1 NIV

Sue Price says:

“Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.”
    Hebrews 11:3

Beverly Wegner says:

Beverly – Jackson, TN

“So I gaze on You in the Sanctuary to see Your
    Strength and Your Glory.”

-Psalm 63:2 HCSB

Barbara Clark says:

Neskowin, Or
    I missed the 1st of the month. I chose Colossians 3:23-24

for the 15th I chose 1 John 4:16
    As so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God is in them.

I am continually amazed at the love God has for us and that God is love. Wow!