SSMT 2017: Verse 2!

bethverse2

Hey, Everybody! Let’s get some traction on this 2017 Scripture memory action! It’s time for Verse 2! This is the post where you’ll leave your comment with your Scripture entry.

Remember, you get to choose your own verse according to what you need most or what presently lands on your heart with the power of the Holy Spirit. I am committing to memorize the one-chapter, 25-verse Book of Philemon this SSMT year so at times my verse will seem a little random and be an incomplete sentence. Like today. Grin. That can be a challenge for an English teacher by trade.

I’ll always recommend another Scripture that I think makes a fabulous memory verse in case you are having trouble deciding on one. Remember that we strictly limit the comments to our SSMT verse-entries so the entire comment thread is a spectacular stack of little more than Scripture. It becomes such a help to many who are not even part of SSMT but searching for comfort for their aching souls or strength for their faith. Lots of people realize along the way that they can come to these posts and find powerful Scriptures. The majority of people don’t yet know how relevant the Bible can be or how to search the Scriptures for verses that speak to their needs. They don’t realize many of these verses even exist. Our enormous privilege is to put these verses on easy-access display for them and help bridge them over to open Bibles and, if they desire, to the incalculable gain of studying it in-depth.

So that’s enough from BM-Big Mouth. Here’s my entry and below it, you’ll find the verse I’m recommending this time around to those who are drawing a blank.

Beth Moore from Houston, Texas: “and Apphia our sister and Archippus our fellow soldier, and the church in your house.” Philemon 2 ESV

Recommended verse if you need one:

“And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment,” Philippians 1:9 ESV

I love you guys! Stay with it!

———Quick reminder from LPM——–
You can get SSMT updates with the LPM App notifications!

Here’s how…
-Download the app
-Once you’re in the app, go to the top left corner and tap the 3 horizontal lines, choose Settings, next choose Notifications, then turn on notifications for SSMT 2017. And your done!

3,607 Responses to “SSMT 2017: Verse 2!”

Comments:

Terri Lopez says:

Terri Lopez, Grafton, WI
    “if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”
    2 Chronicles 7:14 NIV

Marg says:

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    “Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.”
    ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭37:4‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Lottie Emmert says:

Lottie from Lynch Station,VA. HCBS Psalm 119:36
    Turn my heart to your decrees and not to material gain.

Grace says:

Grace Young from Chandler Oklahoma: “They collapse and fall,
    but we rise and stand upright.” Psalm 20:8

Rebecca Baker says:

Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. Rom. 12:9-10 NLT

Jc says:

If you return to the Almighty (and submit and humble yourself before Him), you will be built up; if you put away unrighteousness far from your tents.
    Job 22:23 Amplified

Ruth says:

Ruth from Shawnee, KS

He led me to a place of safety; he rescued me because he delights in me. -Psalm 18:19 (NLT)-

Andrea says:

Andrea from San Diego, CA

“By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.”

-Hebrews 11:3 NIV

Ellen Yopp says:

Ellen, Moneta VA

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
    -2 Timothy 1:7 (NKJV)

Lydia says:

Lydia, Alabama

Lydia says:

Lydia, Alabama
    “Let all that I am praise the Lord;with my whole heart,I will praise his holy name.” Psalm103:1 (NLT)

Laurie Mettry says:

Laurie Mettry, Ada OK
    For through the grace given to me I say to every man among you not to think more highly of yourself than you aught to think, but to to think so as to have sound judgement as God has allotted to each a measure of faith. Romans 12:3

Lauren says:

Lauren Klein from Frisco,Texas

“But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first.” Mathew 19:30 NIV

Fran says:

Fran Plott, Opelika, AL

Tammy Carr says:

Tammy Carr, Paducah, KY the “For the LORD is a great God, a great king who is superior to all gods.”
    ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭95:3‬ ‭NET‬‬