SSMT 2017: Verse 9!

Hi Siestas!
I pray that each of you have great delight in your memory work!

img_8106I am pretty much positive I am not the only “planner” in this SSMT group. right? My life is busy in every direction, I need a plan. But also I do dearly love a plan. I like a plan for my family, for myself, and of course for a team project, which all my co-workers would be quick to smile and confirm – actually I like a plan for doing nothing. But, I bet like many of you, my plans don’t always land as expected. Truly, there have been occasions when I leave my house with my nice neat plan for the day and by the time I make my very short drive to the office, my plan has morphed into a totally different direction. Then I come face to face with the choice of believing: failure (of my plans) or faith (in His plans).

This simple verse has engulfed my soul! God is faithful to us in the details of life, the steps we take and He has the perfect plan.

Sabrina Moore from Houston, Texas:

“People can plan what they want to do, but it is the LORD who guides their steps.”
Proverbs 16:9 (ERV)

As I looked up a ton of different translations I loved the revealing truth about “my plans.” What looks like a direction or an action item, actually begins with my heart, my thoughts, my needs.

This I know, I need Him!
This I pray, Lord, You lead.

Praying His faithful guiding steps bless you and your days!

Love, Sabrina

1,626 Responses to “SSMT 2017: Verse 9!”

Comments:

Jennine says:

With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse people who are made in the likeness of God.

James 3:9 ESV

Victoria says:

Victoria, SLC, UT

Psalm 34:8a
    “Taste and see that the LORD is good…”

Cindy McLaughlin says:

Cindy from Lusby, Maryland
    Hide not your face from me. Turn not your servant away in anger, O you who have been my help. Cast me not off, forsake me not, O God, of my salvation.
    Psalm 27:9. (ESV)

Cindy McLaughlin says:

I was in the hospital & I think I missed posting this verse.

D'Anna Nowack says:

D’Anna Nowack
    New Braunfels, Tx.

Isaiah 54:4
    Do not be afraid; you will not be put to shame. Do not fear disgrace; you will not be humiliated. You will forget the shame of your youth and remember no more the reproach of your widowhood.

vickie kurtz says:

He will not always chide: neither will he keep
    his anger forever.

Psalm103:9
    KJV

Esther says:

Esther. Jonesborough TN. Titus 2:3b-4 ESV. (Older women) are to teach what is good and so train the younger women to love their husbands and children.

Joni says:

Joni, Port Neches, TX. “just as you learned it from Epaphras our beloved fellow servant. He is a faithful minister of Christ on your behalf and has made known to us your love in the Spirit.” Col. 1:7-8, ESV

Tammy says:

Tammy Shaw Clark, MO
    Colossians 3:14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. Colossians 3:14 KJV

Susan Klapesky says:

“Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing causes them to stumble.” Psalms 119:165 NKJV

Jennifer Roper says:

Jennifer R. Houston, TX “You, however, are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, since[g] the Spirit of God lives in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.” Romans 8:9 HCSB

Dana says:

Dana Pace, FL

When Jacob awoke from his sleep, he thought, “Surely the Lord is in this place and I was not aware of it.”

Genesis 28:16

Sarina Grasham says:

Sarina Grasham Richmond, TX

Isaiah 40:29-31

29 He gives strength to the weary
    and increases the power of the weak.
    30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
    and young men stumble and fall;
    31 but those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
    They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.

Kim says:

The Lord said to Samuel do not consider his appearance or height for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance but the Lord looks at the heart.