SSMT 2017: Verse 9!

Hi Siestas!
I pray that each of you have great delight in your memory work!

img_8106I am pretty much positive I am not the only “planner” in this SSMT group. right? My life is busy in every direction, I need a plan. But also I do dearly love a plan. I like a plan for my family, for myself, and of course for a team project, which all my co-workers would be quick to smile and confirm – actually I like a plan for doing nothing. But, I bet like many of you, my plans don’t always land as expected. Truly, there have been occasions when I leave my house with my nice neat plan for the day and by the time I make my very short drive to the office, my plan has morphed into a totally different direction. Then I come face to face with the choice of believing: failure (of my plans) or faith (in His plans).

This simple verse has engulfed my soul! God is faithful to us in the details of life, the steps we take and He has the perfect plan.

Sabrina Moore from Houston, Texas:

“People can plan what they want to do, but it is the LORD who guides their steps.”
Proverbs 16:9 (ERV)

As I looked up a ton of different translations I loved the revealing truth about “my plans.” What looks like a direction or an action item, actually begins with my heart, my thoughts, my needs.

This I know, I need Him!
This I pray, Lord, You lead.

Praying His faithful guiding steps bless you and your days!

Love, Sabrina

1,585 Responses to “SSMT 2017: Verse 9!”

Comments:

Carrie Smart says:

Carrie Smart Liberty, TX
    “If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. Instead, they were longing for a better country–a heavenly one. Therefore, God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.” Hebrews 11:15

Sharen says:

Sheren Dulin, Platte City, Mo. Psalm 25:11(hcsb)
    Because of your name, Yahweh, forgive my sin for it is great.

Peggy says:

Peggy, Yorktown VA

For the Kingdom of God is not food and drink but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. Romans 14:17 NRSV

Sarah Boyd says:

Psalm 78:4b NIV

We will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord,
    his power and the wonders he has done.

Jamie says:

Jamie, Crossett, AR
    Psalm 4:5 “Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, & put your trust in the LORD.” Psalm 4:5 NKJV

Lorri Sapp says:

Lorri Sapp, Waco, Texas, “And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.” ‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3:14‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Anne Lewis says:

Anne, Simpsonville, SC
    ” Stand, therefore with truth like a belt around your waist, righteousness like armor on your chest,”
    Ephesians 6:14 CSB

Jill Langella says:

Jill from Atlanta, GA

“Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” – 1 Peter 5:7 NIV

Julie says:

Julie from Pittsburgh, PA

“When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,” Psalm 8:3 ESV

Rene Sandifer says:

Rene Sandifer, Austin, TX “I will cry to God Most High, To God who accomplishes all things for me.” Psalm 57:2 (NASB)

Diana Brown says:

Houston, TX
    1 Peter 3:17 ESV
    17 For it is better to suffer for doing good, if that should be God’s will, than for doing evil.

Monica Pribe says:

Monica Pribe, Blacklick OH “He will not always chide nor will he keep his anger forever” Psalm 103:9 ESV

Sharon Macri says:

Sharon Macri Huntington, West Virginia

John 10:10 “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy : I came that you may have life, and have it more abundantly.” NASB

Jen Lesak says:

Jen Lesak from Richmond, Texas
    “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
    1 Corinthians 13:4-8 (NIV)

Jackie Jones says:

Jackie, Pensacola, FL. “Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. ” 1Peter 5:7NIV

Heather says:

Heather, Cypress, Texas
    Philippians 2:9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,

Rhonda Douglas says:

Rhonda Douglas, Houston:

For the sake of Your name LORD, forgive my iniquity though it is great. Ps 25:11 NIV

Renea Bentley says:

Renea Bentley from Hendersonville, TN – Hebrews 4:12 – “For he word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double edged sword, it penetrates even to the dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.”

Joy Simmonds says:

Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.
    Matthew 6:29 NIV

Pamela Nicholson from Cumming, GA
    Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves Philippians 2:3 NLT

Lanette says:

in Corpus Christi, TX.

Isaiah 30:20
    JPS Tanakh Translation

My Lord will provide for you meager bread and scant water. Then your Guide will no more be ignored, but your eyes will watch your Guide;

MarieVenter says:

Marie Venter South Africa “He will cover you with his feathers and under his wings you will find refuge;His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart” Psalm 91:4 Niv

MarieVenter says:

Mari Venter South Africa “He will cover you with his feathers and under his wings you will find refuge;His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart” Psalm 91:4 Niv

vickie kurtz says:

The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger,
    and plenteous in mercy.