Hey, Girls! Just a little something fun to get you flipping through your Bibles if you like this kind of thing! You can also check different Bible-search websites like Bible Gateway to do key word searches. Below you will find 10 questions. Answer each question in your own words AND, below it, write out the entire Bible verse where you found the answer. Needless to say, don’t read any of the comments before you search for your answers! Tickled. It would be a little unseemly to cheat at our Bible study game. Have fun!!!!
1. What king in the Old Testament saw the fingers of a human hand suddenly appear and inscribe to him a message on the wall? What were the four words written on the wall?
2. Who were Uz and Buz?
3. Who in Scripture uses the metaphor of daughters compared to pillars in a palace? What metaphor is used for sons?
4. What did Zechariah, the husband of Elizabeth, write on a tablet and what happened after he wrote it?
5. What verse talks about God’s “everlasting arms” and what is He called in the verse?
6. What extraordinary thing happened on the island of Malta in the New Testament?
7. In the same set of Scriptures you used for #6, what two erroneous assumptions did the islanders make about the Apostle Paul? (Hint: you’ll see that they changed their minds about their first conclusion.)
8. What Old Testament prophet was picked up by a lock of his hair and where was he suspended?
9. What was the context surrounding the man who testified to Jesus that he saw people who looked like trees walking around?
10. What interesting piece of relational information is tucked into a new Testament verse about the mother of a believer named Rufus?
Thanks for playing! I love stuff like this. But, of course, I realize not everybody does. I love you whether you do or not. Talk to you soon! It’s almost time for SSMT Verse 3!