Hey, Sweet Things! How about a pop quiz?? Come on, let’s do it! But only under one condition: NO CONDEMNATION. Not one iota and I mean it. If you’re down on yourself today or somebody’s made you feel dumb or if you’ve been compulsively running like a wild woman from every spiritual discipline like we all do sometimes, you get a hall pass. This is just for fun for those who think this kind of thing is a bit exhilarating. Translation: it’s Nerd Day in Siestaville. If you’re not into the classroom thing, pass this post by and catch up on some old ones. We’ll post a new one soon.
For those of you who want to participate, please limit your comments to the question number and briefest possible response. Some of them will be simple yeses and nos. On the questions that apply, you can by all means use your Bibles but try to answer as many as possible without them. You might consider the object of the game to see how fast you can answer all of these amid the page flipping. Needless to say, you’ll need to answer your questions without reading any of the comments first. Cheating would be a tad counterproductive. Grin. You might do the test on a Word document then copy and paste it in your comment.
1. Have you been in the Scriptures today?
2. If so, what’s the primary verse you remember?
3. What is the major theme God seems to have going with you right now? (Answer in a phrase)
4. What is your favorite translation of the Bible just for the pure pleasure of reading?
5. By what Name did God tell Moses He would be known throughout all generations?
6. To what individual did Jesus say, “Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me?”
7. How long had the man at the pool of Bethesda been an invalid?
8. For what courageous statement is Queen Esther most well known?
9. What did Potiphar’s wife keep of Joseph’s?
10. What three men did the Apostle Paul consider to be the pillars of the church?
11. What day of the week did the Apostle John receive his first post-ascension vision of Christ?
12. Those of us who are in Christ have not received a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear. What exactly did we receive instead according to that same context?
13. Name three characteristics of the Proverbs 31 woman.Try to answer first from memory.
14. Who fell asleep during one of Paul’s sermons and dropped out of the window?
15. When Isaiah saw the Lord high and lifted up, how many wings did the seraphim around Him have?
16. What two godly men had a falling out in the Book of Acts? Who was it over?
17. Name five sets of married couples in the Bible.
18. In one word, what is your biggest challenge right now?
19. Name two people you’ve encouraged today.
20. Why did Jesus marvel in Mark 6:6?
21. Are you actively getting to practice loving someone you’re pretty sure can’t stand you right now? (No names please) If so, how long have you been in this process?
22. What are the names of the firstborn son and his brother in Genesis 22:21?
23. What would the sons of Korah rather do than dwell in the tents of wickedness?
24. Who penned the Book of Hebrews?
25. What runaway slave did Paul send back to his master, asking him to receive him graciously as a brother?
Bonus: Are you memorizing a Scripture right now? If so, tell it to us!
Thanks so much for playing today! If you hated it, we’ll try to do something you like better soon.
You’re a huge blast to me.