SSMT 2017: Verse 20!

843 Responses to “SSMT 2017: Verse 20!”

Comments:

Verse 24: 2Cor. 10:5 “Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and brigning into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;”

Leah Pease says:

Leah, Kansas City MO

Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Psalm 37:4 (ESV)

stacy roznovak says:

Stacy Roznovak, Taylor, TX
    “A prudent man sees danger and takes refuge,but the simple keep going and suffer for it.” Proverbs 22:3 (NIV)

Jodi says:

Jodi DFW TX

“My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.”
    ‭‭from 2 Corinthians‬ ‭12:9‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Laura Proctor says:

Laura Madison, MS
    Ephesians 6:18 NIV
    And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.

Stephanie D says:

Stephanie D. from Chico, CA

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:7 KJV

Sabrina says:

Sabrina from Kingsland, TX
    A time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away. Ecc 3:6 ESV

Patricia Clevenger says:

Patricia Clevenger from Midland, TX

“And let us not be weary in well-doing; for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.”

Galatians 6:9 KJV

Krystal Vento says:

Krystal from Houston: Isaiah 46:4 (ESV): “Even to your old age I am He, and to gray hairs I will carry you. I have made, and I will bear; I will carry and will save.”

Cathy Morris says:

Cathy Morris Sedona, AZ
    “All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put all she had to live on.”
    Luke 21:4 NIV

Patience Nason says:

Patience Nason from Citrus Heights, better late than never!
    “For we who live are always given over to death because of Jesus, so that Jesus’ life may also be revealed in our mortal flesh.”
    2 Corinthians 4:11 HCSB

Danelle from CO says:

Hebrews 12:20 (NIV)

20 because they could not bear what was commanded: “If even an animal touches the mountain, it must be stoned to death.”[a]

Sherry says:

Sherry, Jay OK
    Do not cast me away from Your presence, And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Psalm 51:11 NKJV

Mary F from Houston says:

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV)

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance for what we do not see.

vickie kurtz says:

Psalm 103:19 The Lord hath prepared his throne in
    the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.

Psalm103:19 KJV

Holly Belt says:

Holly Belt
    Spring Hill, TN
    Hebrews 11:21

By faith, Jacob, when he was dying, blessed each of Joseph’s sons, and worshiped as he leaned on the top of his staff.

Carolyn Dodge Forest OH says:

Protect me! Rescue my life from them! Do not let me be disgraced, for in you I take refuge. Psalm 25:20 NLT

Linda Gammon says:

Linda Gammon, Blue Springs, MO
    Psalm 19:10 NKJV
    More to be desired are they than gold,
    Yea, than much fine gold;
    Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Roseanne Burdick says:

Roseanne, Tacoma, WA
    Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be
    like minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus,
    that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God
    and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Susan Klapesky says:

“For the Word of God is living and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”
    Hebrews 4:12 NKJV

Deb Nelson says:

Deb from Aledo, IL

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. John 10:27-28 KJV

Dedra Curtice says:

For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously, and godly in the present age. Titus 2:11-12

Latisha Davis says:

Latisha Davis, San Antonio TX

6 If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. 8 If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 1:6-9

Rebecca says:

Rebecca, Chattanooga, TN

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.

Philippians 3:12 NIV

Dianna- from Houston says:

Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its lusts . . .
    Romans 6:12

Tina Shelton says:

Tina Shelton – Richmond, TX
    “Did not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I’m going there to prepare a place for you?” John 14:1-2 NIV

Linda Nelson says:

Linda Nelson, Harvest, AL
    1 Peter 5:7 NIV

Be self-controlled and alert, your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

Carol says:

Carol from Bryan, TX “In all labor there is profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.” Proverbs 14:23 NASB

Apryl says:

Apryl, Raleigh, NC
    Romans 8:31 (NIV)
    What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

Andrea Gallagher says:

Andrea from Pensacola, “Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count other’s more significant than yourselves.” Pil.2:3 NLT

vickie kurtz says:

Bless the Lord ye his angles, that excel in strength, that
    do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his
    word.

Psalm103:20 KJV

Rachel says:

Rachel, Vancouver, WA.

“It is not to angels that he has subjected the world to come, about which we are speaking.” Hebrews 2:5 (NIV)