I LOVED PORTLAND

I love them, I loved them, I loved them, I LOVED THEM! Siestas, thank you so much for your powerful prayers for a God-show at the Portland Living Proof Live. We had a whopping 7,300 women (astounding numbers to us from that area of the county) from the beautiful Northwest who hit that place SERIOUS about worship and Bible Study. The Holy Spirit was so thick in Memorial Coliseum at Rose Quarter that I got chill bumps the second I hit that platform. I can’t remember if that particular thing has ever happened before. Honestly, the hair stood straight up on my arms. All the events are memorable and special to me in one way or another but sometimes Christ seems to go out of His way to show Himself present. I think maybe He did it this time to show His great affection to these mighty warriors of the faith who must feel substantially outnumbered at times. They were the kind of group that, when I tried to wrap up the lesson at 9:00 PM on Friday night, they yelled for us to keep going. We’d already been going strong for two solid hours. It was unbelievable. I will never forget them. I LOVED THEM. And, if you were there, Girlfriend, I loved you.

I wanted to share with you a little something that I shared with them. I wasn’t the only person from Houston, Texas in Portland, Oregon this weekend. The Houston Rockets also descended en masse upon Rose City to go into playoffs against the Portland Trailblazers, best out of seven. In fact, they were playing right next door to the arena where our event was being held and the basketball would officially hit the floor on Saturday just six hours after we vacated the premises. My group seemed a bit amazed at the coincidence but I assured them that the line-up was not at all unusual. Yao Ming and I are BFF, and, as we each plan our year, we often schedule our events together. In fact, I reminded my group of the huge mural on the side of their basketball arena right outside our event door with the Trailblazers’ Big Three on it and shared what Houstonians see on the side of our arena and on numerous billboards around town:

One reason we schedule our LPL events to end at noon is so that I can freshen up, change clothes and head on down to the arena where the Rockets then play in that particular city so that I can give Yao a hand.

We (Yao and I) did pretty well last night but, now that I’ve fallen so in love with Portland, I don’t want to make a big deal of it. After all, the one huge thing we learned this weekend is that, if Christ is going to be formed in us (Galatians 4:19), we better be crucified to these big, fat egos of ours (Galatians 2:20). That’s why I just wear basic black and white on the court. I don’t want to draw attention to myself.

200 Responses to “I LOVED PORTLAND”

Comments:

cindy arney says:

I drove to Portland with 40 women from our church. Loved the event. We’re so excited about the windows the Lord opened up in us through the event.
    I have a lot to think about, pray about, and chew on. I was meant to be there. I was especially touched by learning that we are to enjoy and embrace our freedom and let Christ unfold in us and fill every inch of our bodies from the tip of our head to the tip of our toes. I knew that, but now I really know that.
    It reminded me of our history when the slaves in the south were freed. Many of them embraced their new found freedom and went on to carve out new lives, at great cost to all they held dear. But others were free in name only. They continued to live as slaves, servants to their masters, never understanding or walking through that door to a new life.
    I also was delighted to discover that God isn’t intent on erasing the “who” I am that He made me to be, but wants me to nail my ego to the tree.
    Loved what you said about we girls getting over the gender issue in the Bible because men have to deal with being called the Bride of Christ. What priceless insight.
    The women from our church unanimously agreed that we have never experienced anything so profound or inspirational as this conference. We’re ready to go again.
    We were moved by the last praise song on Saturday where 7300 women sang in unison, unaccompanied by instruments. We loved your worship team.
    If the Trailblazers had to lose to anybody….I guess we’ll accept the Rockets since we love you so much.
    P.S. there was a woman in the bathroom line in front of me that came all the way from Hawaii. Her sister in the states purchased the ticket and that’s why her state didn’t appear in the info.

Lori, Landon and Logan says:

Laughing so hard at this post, is that you in the last picture or Kelly Rippa?

Holly says:

You are a NUT! I love you!

Praying for that Word to sink deep into every heart.

I am anticipating coming to WY in a little ove a month!!! Thanks to a couple of Siestas, I have a ticket and a room. All I need is to get there…and OH.I.CAN’T.WAIT!!!

Melanie M says:

Six ways to wrap up Portland:

We love you back, Beth Moore.

Portland was awesome, thank you Beth.

Music was incredible, thank you Travis.

God dropped, God smiled, God glorified.

My ego is not worth it.

Jesus IS worth it, yes. YES!

Many prayers and blessings to LPM.

Love you! Melanie Miller, Nampa ID

ruth in north Idaho says:

Beth, thank you for coming for Portland. My daughter and I came from Idaho, and the Lord spoke to both of us. We loved it!

Love from Ruth

Karla says:

Too funny! So that’s what bein’ crazy in love does to ya – crazy in love with our LORD, Jesus Christ, crazy in love with the women of Portland, and of course, crazy in love keeping track of all those sports stats, etc. -lol! I always knew you were a fanatic 🙂

Holly says:

OH! And how did you sleep on Friday night, Beth??

PS My word verification is “Boringst.” I think it was trying to tell me that my question is the boringest one ever. Even so, I would love to know how God answered our prayers for your sleep!

Anonymous says:

You made me laugh. AGAIN!!!

Mavs Fan

Jennifer says:

Oh my gosh-those pictures are too funny!!!! Wish I could have been there to experience the conference. Looking foward to July when a van full of us are coming to New Mexico!!!
    Blessings

Walking in Freedom says:

Beth I just love you so much!I was in Portland this weekend,I’m so thankful to God for giving me the chance to see you.My girlfriends and I are changed we had such a great time.I’m excited for my life and God and it has been a while.Today my church started Esther,it was amazing.I was sad when Sat was over but told the girls that we get to be with you for another 10 weeks.God answered all my current question this weekend.Keep it up you are a blessing to so many women.Man you are F.U.N.N.Y!My 6 words are I do not smell like smoke.God has set me free and I need to start acting more like I’m free.Walking in Freedom

Kimberly says:

Oh Beth, this cracked me up!:) Thank you for sharing with all of us who were not there!

Love ya,

Kimberly

Anonymous says:

I was at the event and it ROCKED!!! Beth, as you said, God dropped on that place. It was amazing! No one wanted to leave, could have stayed there all night and been very happy! We are so hungry for the word in Oregon! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for coming and please come back and see us again! Your worship team was such a humongous blessing, I’ve never had so much fun worshiping before. The whole weekend was transforming and will be remebered in my heart always. Thank you!

Jean M says:

Oh Beth you crack me up!!

Rachel says:

Hilarious!

Suzanne says:

Beth…
    When will those posters be available!!! Ha!
    So glad to hear that there are so many that love the Lord in Portland!! Halleluiah!
    We are blessed and are ready to serve our risen Lord!
    Praying God’s best!

Suzanne
    Decatur, Tx

Sharron Shipley says:

I was there and I am still in a state of AWE of what THE HOLY SPIRIT was doing. Tears were streaming down my face as we worshiped the SUPREME GOD OF THE UNIVERSE and HE was so there with us.
    My six words were: Anxiously expecting to hear God’s voice. It is true, I was expecting something wonderful. WOW, just bow down Sharron, take off your shoes, you are in God’s presence.

His six words to me: I love you, you love people. It was really His affirmation to me once again as it was some fifty years ago.

I am grateful to my daughter Nancy for saying, “Mom, Beth Moore is coming to Portland in April, let’s go!”

Praise God from whom all Blessings flow.

Sharron Shipley, Portland Oregon

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife says:

It looks like Yao could just reach out and pet you on your sweet little head. This is just out of control hysterical!

Sharron Shipley says:

Dear Beth:

WOW, Amazing!! I was there and it is true, the Holy Spirit rested on us for hours. I am still in a state of AWE. My six words were: Anxiously expecting to hear God’s Voice. His answer to me: I love you, you love people. An affirmation of so many years ago, so simple and so profound. Tears were streaming down my face uncontrolably Friday and then Saturday as well during worship. Was this a small glimpse of Heaven? Thanks for all the study and prayer you do to give out to us. Thanks also to my daughter who sad months ago,” Hey mom, Beth Moore is coming in April, sign up, let’s go!”

Praise God from whom all Blessings flow.

Miranda says:

HA!!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness.. that’s HILARIOUS!!!

So glad it was great!!!! Love you ma’am!

P.S. My word verification is mingslyc. That could be your b-ball nickname on the back of your jersey.. “Ming Sly C”…. ya know? Or not. LOL Just thinking!

Anonymous says:

We love you, love you, love you, Beth!! The LPL Portland was so amazing. Thank you for speaking a word over us and for allowing us to learn, grow and worship with you. My daughter and I also attended LPL in Seattle in ’07 and yet this past weekend, there was truly an anointing in that place that was POWERFUL!! For me personally, not ONE WORD fell to the ground wasted. We love you so much!!

Still contemplating and pondering the 6 words Jesus gave me,
    Corinne in Chehalis, Wa

Cyndi says:

I’m so sorry I missed it! I just moved to Seattle and so wanted to come to Portland to the conference but just didn’t make it. I’m regretting it now! It is just good to know that there are some deeply spiritual women in the Northwest!

I love the Yao Ming pictures – who knew you were two were BFFs? 😉 I even shared this blog entry with my husband – he appreciated your humor, Beth, as did I!

Blessings on you,
    Cyndi

Anonymous says:

Thank you for such an amazing event! After doing several of your Bible studies, it was so fun to you live! And the worship!…that alone was worth the price of admission! 🙂 We love you and are so happy you came to visit us in P-town. What an anointed time! Come back soon!

Blessed to be “doin’ the thang”
    Julie

Donna says:

Siesta Beth, You are such a hoot!! Thanks for making my day (after Jesus, of course)
    On the (semi) serious side…Portland has a beautiful rose garden…were you able to see it? My prayer is that one day I may get the privilege of attending a LML event. They sound absolutely awesome. God bless all you do for the kingdom..

lisa says:

I am SO glad I was a part of the awesome weekend in Portland! The Holy Spirit was truly moving and I am so ready to morph! Beth, thank you, thank you, thank you for allowing yourself to be used to minister to us! I connect with your insightful teaching, great humor and all your quirks too! 🙂 I wish I could do a LPL every month.

Amazingly, at church this morning, the message was about letting the Spirit change us. God is truly talking about doing some serious work and I’m listening!

Much love to y’all!

Amaris in Wonderland says:

Beth – you crack me up! I have split more ribs because of you… and it's always such a delight!!! You mean so much to me… every study I have done, has loosened more chains. I feel that I have mined out of a deep quarry of a pit, and have only the "minor" sink holes to contend with, now.

Just in hearing what the ladies who attended are saying, I see that I am not alone in struggling with fear. I even chose this past Siesta Scripture to combat it in an additional way. I knew that fear had no place in my life – I've been healed and deal with it less, since I first did Breaking Free, several years ago… I can't wait to see any additional Studies or Lessons on combating fear.

Thank you, Beth, for being a Freedom Fighter, instrument of The Liberator… and comedienne.

We are crazy about you.

As Nicole C. Mullen says in her song "Let Me Go"…

See I can still remember when
    You said you were my only friend
    Yeah Mr. Fear you captured me
    I was blinded and couldn't see
    That real love was bound to come
    And confront what I was running from
    He opened up my eyes and let me know
    That I don't need you no mo'

Chorus (2X's):
    Let me go, oh let me go
    Yeah, let me go
    Oh let me go, go

Time to time I must remind you
    That we're not tight the way we used to (no we're not)
    Before you tell me what you came for
    Turn and walk out that door
    Mr. Love now resides here (yes, He does)
    He's strong enough to cast out Fear (He's big & He's strong)
    And since I don't belong to you no more
    Take your hand off my shoulder

Chorus:
    Let me go, oh let me go
    Yeah let me go
    Oh let me go, go

You don't belong here…
    We ain't made for each other.
    Mr. Fear, I ain't yours no more.
    Take your hand off my shoulder.
    In the name of Jesus, you gotta go.
    Get out of here, get out of here
    Mr. Mr. Mr. Fear
    Mr. Love now resides here.
    I said let me go.
    Let go of my dreams.
    Let go of my hopes.
    Let go of me.
    I ain't scared of you no more…
    Cuz Mr. Love resides here.
    He's big enough to cast our fear.
    Mr. Love & me got a thing goin'.(3X's)
    Mr. Fear, you don't like that, do you?
    So, so what?!
    *and she laughs* :))

Jill says:

Isn’t it great to know that God still works even in the most “unchurched” area of the nation. What a sweet time of worship and learning together. We in the north may not have the hair, but what we lack we make up for in spirit! Loved the Yao shorts story.

gramalinda says:

Portland Oregon loves you too Beth! I flew out to Nashville for the ministers wives conference, and was so filled with the study in Galatians – you see, I needed to hear that study with a fresh voice and perspective, and you my dear sister offer both! Then to be with my daughter, Lora Goodenough (you’ll remember us from Boise 2008) and get a double portion of Galatians with the focus of Christ formed in you! Golly – the spirt was at full attention in this grandma! Praise Him!

You are so right on when you talk about “us” being out here in the northwest – somehow I seem to “feel” more at home when we spend time in Texas, Oklahoma and Tennessee the “ya’ll” is good!

Love you like crazy,
    keep The King the THING!
    ~ Malinda Wilson
    Grants Pass, OR

Kristy says:

Sounds wonderful! Praise God for that many women from there!

Beth, you are so funny! We just started “Loving Well” at our church, and I just watched the first week – and you CRACKED me up!

Love to you and yours!

Michele says:

Those pictures are hilarious! Thanks for the post – and praise God for what sounds like a wonderful event!

Blessings,
    Michele

chris says:

Oh I was there in Portland and it was so fun! What a great time to get into God’s word! It was an absolute blast and I can’t wait for the next one!

Anonymous says:

You are a CRAZY lady! But I just love you!
    – Michelle

Lindsee says:

You slay me, sweet Beth. That is out of control hilarious and way too real looking! I love me some Rockets and some Yao Ming. Looks like he takes you pretty seriously! A little game and spiritual coaching. You are every woman!

Anonymous says:

I wasn’t just Portand. Lots of women came from Washington too. Some from Tacoma or further.

Shelly says:

Love you so very much, Beth! Thank you for coming and blessing us with words from His heart! I need that big fat ego of mine to be crucified, and needed to hear all that you had to say! Portland was AWESOME, and we want you to come BACK!!!

Cate says:

So glad you came to Oregon.

Oregon where I moved from Texas.

It was good to see you.

Worship was awesome. Teaching even better.

Yao Ming. Beth Moore. Priceless laughs.

Friends and I. Great time had.

Came home. Narrated May bible lessons.

My life. Freelancing for Beth Moore.

Think my friends believe me now.

See you in another four years.

Your Cate. All in six words.

Arlet says:

I was there and Portland LOVED YOU right back!!

r1versedge says:

This was my first time blessed enough to come to a live event and God blessed the time I spent with Him, my peeps, you and the worship team! Thanks for being His vessel and for the extra doses of laughter! You are hilarious! Providential Portland changed our lives forever!
    P.S. I’ve worn those same blue shorts before…crucify that ego!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend says:

I am still laughing at the pictures. You are the greatest…how I would love to have 30 minutes of time to have coffee with you and Amanda and my Amanda….Now I understand that is me and a million other gals…..so I understand…..But I love you dearly…just finished listening to the CD series on FEAR for the third time…wondering if I will ever GET IT….Have a wonderful week…..
    teresa
    shreveport, la

Michele Nance, Vancouver WA says:

Beth~ Thank you for coming to Ptld! 4 yrs ago, we traveled to eastern Wa (Spokane) to hear you and LOVED it! My 2 sisters and friend came down from Seattle so we could all go together. I can be a bit neurotic at times, so I had in my mind (and convinced the others) that HUGE crowds would amass by 6am and we’d have to sit in the upper-upper level. So I convinced them to get up at 4:45am to be at the Coliseum by 5:45am. Imagine our suprise when we were one of the first to arrive! But Praise the Lord, we met some great sisters in Christ while waiting in line. AND…Somehow God saw fit for us to arrive on the floor level first so we were able to sit in the front row. That might seem silly, but we felt so blessed since that just doesn’t happen to us. Thank you for your heart for each of us, your wise teaching, and word pictures that makes the reality of God permeate every ounce of my being. PORTLAND LOVES YOU! Come back anytime. 🙂

Bobbie says:

You’re so much fun!! The posts from those in the Great NW tell the story! So glad there were so many with you, that’s a huge number! What a blessing!

Anonymous says:

Thank you, Beth, for the example you set. There are so many reasons to love you but what I love the most is that you give me hope. You empty yourself to be God’s humble vessel and you remain faithful to Him without allowing the enemy to win. As much as I love all that you have to teach, I love that I can look at your journey and think I serve the same God who is mighty to keep me humble and reverent before Him no matter where He takes me. This is especially important for me because my 6 words were, “Here I am, Lord. Send me.” I’ve always known that my gifting is in teaching. I’ve always known and been proud. So for the last 12 years, I refused to do any teaching at all b/c I was too afraid that pride would consume me and I would lose Him. In recent months, due to much sifting, I have finally come to a place where I can go face down before His throne and submit my will, my life, my thoughts, my feelings, and my plans to the One who laid down His life for me. And Jesus has been confirming over and over again to me that I need to do that which He has created me for. With much fear, trembling, heartbreak and love, I am stepping out for Him. You show me that it is possible to teach, to be recognized, and yet allow it to all remain for His glory…for the advancement of His kingdom…while completely emptying myself of ego and pride. And I can trust that God will humble me every day and hold me tight through all the ups and downs of being in the ministry.

A little over a week before the conference, the Holy Spirit urged me to pray everyday to crucify my ego to the cross and allow Jesus to live fully within me. When you opened up the conference with that very message and taught us how to really begin doing that, I knew that God was speaking directly to me. I am afraid of public ministry. Afraid that my flesh will get the best of me. But I am finally saying yes to Jesus. I will no longer practice “informed disobedience.” Thank you so much for your example. My prayer for you, Beth, is that you will finish this race well. That you will hear the words that bring me to tears every time I think of hearing them myself. “Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have fought the good fight.”

Anonymous says:

Ha ha haha Ha haha HA ha Ho ( hee hee ) heh HAhaha ! snort

Warm in Alaska says:

Laughing myself silly over those pics – and so glad to know you’re a bball fan, too! Loving Jesus, Loving Basketball, and Loving those Lakers (sorry!)

Warm in Alaska.

Maria Cristina says:

LOL to the umpteenth power!!!!!

mc

Missy says:

Thank you for coming to Portland, Beth. God was VERY present in that Coliseum. I felt him, too.

Everyone I spoke with walked away with the same feeling I did…”It was like she was talking right to me…like we were the only two women in the room.”

Beth, you knew my heart and my hurt…and spoke truth to me in love, grace and with humility.

So, thank you, thank you, thank you. From me. From my husband. From my children. Thank you for allowing God to use you to love on me. To restore me.

My 6 words: (post LPL)

“Chains are broken. I am free.”

Finally. Praise God!

Mary Watkins says:

Beth,
    You keep me laughing and I love you for it.

Have a great week.

MW

Kelli says:

AHA that is so fun!

Anonymous says:

Thank you so much for coming to Portland! Even though I couldn’t be there this time, it blesses me that you came to our neck of the woods 🙂 Thanks for loving us all and following hard after God and seeking Him. . .

Leigh Ann says:

Amanda had us pray for you to be able to get some sleep on Friday night. So……this is what happens when you get some sleep.
    🙂
    Hilarious. You just don’t know how much we love your sense of humor, Beth.
    Bless your heart.

fuzzytop says:

ROTFL !!! This was soooooo funny! Who did the great photoshop job???? You guys make me smile. Beth, I’m glad to hear you are keeping those Rocket boys in line – ha ha ha…. Although I think a new, more “Beth-like” suit is in order.

I heard wonderful things about the Portland LPL event from my mom, who attended with my sister and a friend. My mom was amazed! She said she had never experienced anything like it. THANK YOU for everything you do!

Much love,