I LOVED PORTLAND

I love them, I loved them, I loved them, I LOVED THEM! Siestas, thank you so much for your powerful prayers for a God-show at the Portland Living Proof Live. We had a whopping 7,300 women (astounding numbers to us from that area of the county) from the beautiful Northwest who hit that place SERIOUS about worship and Bible Study. The Holy Spirit was so thick in Memorial Coliseum at Rose Quarter that I got chill bumps the second I hit that platform. I can’t remember if that particular thing has ever happened before. Honestly, the hair stood straight up on my arms. All the events are memorable and special to me in one way or another but sometimes Christ seems to go out of His way to show Himself present. I think maybe He did it this time to show His great affection to these mighty warriors of the faith who must feel substantially outnumbered at times. They were the kind of group that, when I tried to wrap up the lesson at 9:00 PM on Friday night, they yelled for us to keep going. We’d already been going strong for two solid hours. It was unbelievable. I will never forget them. I LOVED THEM. And, if you were there, Girlfriend, I loved you.

I wanted to share with you a little something that I shared with them. I wasn’t the only person from Houston, Texas in Portland, Oregon this weekend. The Houston Rockets also descended en masse upon Rose City to go into playoffs against the Portland Trailblazers, best out of seven. In fact, they were playing right next door to the arena where our event was being held and the basketball would officially hit the floor on Saturday just six hours after we vacated the premises. My group seemed a bit amazed at the coincidence but I assured them that the line-up was not at all unusual. Yao Ming and I are BFF, and, as we each plan our year, we often schedule our events together. In fact, I reminded my group of the huge mural on the side of their basketball arena right outside our event door with the Trailblazers’ Big Three on it and shared what Houstonians see on the side of our arena and on numerous billboards around town:

One reason we schedule our LPL events to end at noon is so that I can freshen up, change clothes and head on down to the arena where the Rockets then play in that particular city so that I can give Yao a hand.

We (Yao and I) did pretty well last night but, now that I’ve fallen so in love with Portland, I don’t want to make a big deal of it. After all, the one huge thing we learned this weekend is that, if Christ is going to be formed in us (Galatians 4:19), we better be crucified to these big, fat egos of ours (Galatians 2:20). That’s why I just wear basic black and white on the court. I don’t want to draw attention to myself.

200 Responses to “I LOVED PORTLAND”

Comments:

Dana N says:

Fran said: Beth, you just make it so much FUN to be a Christian, a church lady, a Jesus Freak, a Siesta, a Bible Geek, a Daughter of the King! I am so glad we all have you on this journey!

I couldn’t have said it better!!
    Love you to pieces!!

CAROL LIVIN FOR GOD says:

Hi sweet seista mama you crack me up, that picture of you in that suit just cracked me up leave it to you to make me laugh, I would love to hang out with you for one day I BET YOU KEEP YOUR FAMILY IN STICHES. Anyhoo glad we could pray for you and glad your home safely
    thank you so much for sharing your sweet self with us seista's get you some r&r I am sure you need it or you just had to much coffee.
    LOVE AND BIG HUGS TO YOU FROM ALBUQUERQUE NM CANNOT WAIT FOR YOU IN GOOD OLD ALBUQUERQUE NM JUST CAN'T WAIT FOR GOD TO SHOW UP IN ALBUQUERQUE NM.
    LOVE YOU Carol

Anonymous says:

Beth,
    Thanks so much for the laugh. I was feeling a little down, a little lonely…you cheered me right up! Bless you, dear Sister!

Susan says:

Oh girlfriend, we in Portland LOVED you too!! God ROCKED that coliseum and did some amazing things in women’s lives. Travis and the worship team were such a blessing, as well. Definitely an anointed weekend.

I have to admit that as a pastor’s wife it was an added blessing to be able to attend an event and enjoy it without any responsibilities. 😉

The whole basketball thing was so HILARIOUS!! I laughed out loud again, just reading about it. Maybe the fact that I totally ‘get’ your sense of humor is why I often refer to you as “my BFF Beth”…:)

Blessings!!

FalkFamily says:

Portland rocked! As a girlfriend said so eloquently, “God dropped and I nearly got a concussion!” I have “chill bumps” remembering how much I felt the Holy Spirit on Saturday. Thank you Beth for giving us 7300 women the opportunity to praise and learn together. Wow!

Thanks for the photos, now I can direct my mom to see them – as my description just didn’t do them justice!

radnurse says:

Thank You Beth for your presence. God surely touched many this week-end as we soaked in the word God had us hear through you. He is mighty and gentle at the same time. I am grieving the loss of my brother 2 days ago, but the Lord had me in his arms all week-end. The worship had a healing touch on my weary heart and my six words are “I grieve, He is my strength”.

Thank You for your humility, devotion, and love.
    Nancy, Portland

ocean mommy says:

You so make me smile!!!

Praise the Lord for His outpouring!!!

Blessings and Hugs!
    steph.

Tara says:

Hilarious! Those pictures look so real! I sure do love your mix of humor and theology- We love you girl!

Anonymous says:

Jesus rocked in Portland! He spoke to my exact need. I love Him so. I am ready for the knock your socks off adventure of a crucified ego!And the privilege of worshiping with 7000+ women is amazing! Thanks for coming!

Love you, Marcia

Go-Between says:

Well, I am with anonymous about trying not to be jealous. We were suppose to go and had been planning to drive down and meet up with my oldest. It was to be my 10 year old’s first live Beth Moore. But alas it didn’t work out but I knew it would be awesome. I had encouraged others who hadn’t been to an event before not to miss it cause I knew God would bring a Word just for them. The Northwest is a place one has to be called to live in – cause it’s hard. I am so thankful – really – that God showed Himself in such a powerful way!

Kierstan says:

Oh Beth, we loved you deeply and truly this weekend! I can’t seem to find the words to express my thoughts. I’ll try…

I began Breaking Free as a 34 year old woman engaged to be married in 2004. Beth, I was a woman who looked on the outside to be living the great life. But in truth I was in the deepest pit. The before and after photo of the gentleman you showed this weekend was me {on the inside}. I swung from repression to rebellion in the same day, everyday.

I was with eight other women this weekend and my darling husband {he loves you too, you see he has witnessed my chains fall and my heart fall even further for CHRIST}. You are right, there is nothing like a former pit dweller living life full-out-on-fire for Jesus Christ. He has blessed, accepted, chosen, adopted, redeemed and forgiven this also former pit dweller. Each morning this week I would weep, because the LORD was showing me my before and after photo. Beth, I call you my Spiritual Mother, because I have grown into a Spiritually-Mature Women bearing fruit; you don’t know me, but you have been growing me in the LORD. All that to simply say, I love you and I LOVE THE KING OF GLORY!

My six words on Friday night:
    My Determined Purpose: To KNOW HIM

Saturday morning time ALONE before the conference:
    My formed body, His Holy Temple
    Vision without sight, hearing without words
    He’s my shield, and my reward
    No more excuses, live beyond fear
    Women are perishing, who will pray
    I’m living proof, Jesus still saves

Okay, I really could go on and on…but I won’t. 

Keep the King the Thing,
    Kierstan

Rachel Taylor says:

I am still on a “God high” from the two days in Portland. God worked mightily through you and spoke a word to me. Thank you so much for coming to Oregon. Please come again! We love you!

I'm a blessed girl... says:

Ha Ha Ha!

Karen says:

You’re much too modest, Beth!

Moose Mama says:

Basic black and white! hahahaha Oh my stars and garters. You are so funny!

So pleased to hear our prayers were answered for Portland. Thank-you Jesus!!

We (me and Miesta Moose) will see you next month right here in Big Wonderful Wyoming! Bring Yao…if you like!

Anonymous says:

six words to describe my weekend…

awesome time together–and growing more!

lavonda says:

I LOVE IT!

Ginger from Alabama says:

Beth:
    You are such a hoot! Once again, thank you for being sold out to Jesus and for being obedient to what He purposes “us” to hear! Blessings, blessings, blessings!

Siesta Ginger
    Wetumpka

Mary R Snyder says:

Beth — I knew you were a closet b-ball player. Portland sounds incredible. I just love hearing about the events. It just makes my heart happy when I know my sisters in the Lord had a wonderful time of worship and study.

T

Stacy Minor says:

*open mouth, eyes glazed*

Speechless, I don’t know what to say (write).

You never cease to surprise and love you for it! 🙂

Abba's Girl says:

Too funny…Beth and Yao…

Anonymous says:

Oh Beth, I can’t even tell you what it means to my heart, soul, mind, and spirit to hear what you are writing, as well as to read through the blog entries here from women in Portland who were at the conference this weekend. I was the prayer coordinator for this event, and I absolutely knew that it wouldn’t be by might or power but only by God’s Spirit that true life change would take place. I am beyond ecstatic to hear continual reports of immediate healing, brokenness, salvation, realignment, conviction, breakthrough, etc., etc.!!!

It has been my absolute joy to be able to prepare the way these past few months by leading this area of the country in prayer as we have asked God to show up and show off! He did, of course…and your chill bumps were merely a physical manifestation of that fact!!! Yay God and yay you! You’re an amazing team and I can hardly wait until you come back.

Thank you for pouring out your life for ours this weekend.

Loves, Michelle Watson

KR says:

PRICELESS! Your jump looks a tad more lean than your sideline suit! So glad to hear how the Holy Spirit filled the arena…I imagine a few basketball fans felt it 6 hours later. Thank you Momma Beth for being willing all those years ago (and still,perhaps) to wrestle it out…believe God…and bring His message coast to coast. Thanks for not hiding your light, I imagine it comes at a steep cost sometimes…I am grateful.

softballwidoh says:

We loved you here in Portland and look forward to your return! You touched the hearts and souls of so many women! Having moved here from NC, I was shocked at how many women (and espcially the few men)showed up! I no longer feel like loan soul here the Northwest!

Kim says:

And we loved YOU! Seriously, it was an amazing weekend. My six words were: You don’t have to be afraid. I struggle with fear big time and God truly spoke to me right where I needed to hear from Him. I’ve had to pray to be crucified quite a few times already! And my next memory verse on the 30th will be from Galatians 🙂

Thank you for a wonderful weekend!!

Jan says:

Yao needs your hay-er gel.

Seriously.

Jan

Sherry says:

I was there! And we love you too. My daughter and I attend one event together every year but she had another commitment last weekend. I wrote to her on my blog (with pictures of the event) and it has a very big surprise ending. http://www.mauriandsherry.com/2009/04/18/beth-moore-comes-to-portland/
    I don’t expect you to include this link on your blog comments but I thought you might enjoy seeing it.
    This morning in worship one of my co-attenders stood and told the gathered congregation about your teachings. It was quite astonishing to hear from her. Bless you!

Kristib says:

You’re a mess! You crack me up! It was a privilege to pray for you this weekend. So glad it was a great time.

Much love!

Wendy says:

thanks for the giggle, Beth! Have a wondeful, relaxing Sunday.

Farmgirl Paints says:

Too cute! Glad you had a great time in Portland. I was praying your flight would leave on time and be smooth.

Anonymous says:

My daughter and I were there!!! It was amazing. You are right about the Holy Spirit’s presence being so “thick”. You asked us to sum up our life in six words Friday evening. Mine were: “Waking, Waiting, Watching and Wondering,When”. Saturday, we had the time of you praying over us and listen for God’s voice with the six words we’d leave with. Mine-“Hear me my child, healing is yours”. (7 words) I have ovarian cancer, for 3 yrs now and presently in a clinical trial. It’s been an exciting “journey” for sure with so many open doors. We came back ready to face our own “journeys”; Mine, cancer and my daughter’s a 11 yr old son with Muscular Dystrophy. But, we are both revived and ready to! Travis Cottrell did an awesome time leading the worship which help set the tone of the over all two days!!

Mary H
    Tacoma,WA

Kim says:

Okay, it’s official….there is absolutley NOTHING you won’t do for us Siestas!!!! These pictures are too funny for words. We’ll have to get you a “bff” shirt to wear next time you’re with Yao so HE will know you two are bff’s!

So glad you had safe travels and especially excited to see how God is doing His thing for our Siestas up in Oregon!

Maria says:

This is too stinkin funny!!!!HILARIOIUS!!! I love you siestas!!!!!

Kiki says:

Seriously funny!

donna says:

I am so thankful that My mom and I were able to drive down from Washinton to attend the LPL event! As you said, the Holy Spirit showed up in a mighty way! i had Chill Bumps many times over the weekend! As soon as you started to talk i knew that this is where i was meant to be, i needed to hear everything that you said to us!
    At the end of our session on saturday you had us turn to another person, hold their hand and speak a prayer over them. Is there a way i can get a copy of It? It was very powerful.

6 words,
    Ya’ll come back now, ya hear!

Love ya!
    Donna
    ps. Travis and praise team, AWESOME!!

BeckyB says:

Pride exposed – I want heart surgery.

Thank you Beth and ALL the team. I love your hearts, your worship and your… love! I was so blessed to be with you this weekend and am VERY aware of God speaking to me a timely and critical word through your message. It’s a huge privilege to have been with you!

Becky B

Barbra Keeler says:

Who says white “girl” can’t jump?! You are a hoot ‘n a holler!

Can’t wait to see you in a couple weeks in Lancaster, PA for the National Day of Prayer!

Praising the Lord for His presence and asking for His tender mercies as you recoup from your weekend,

Barb

Nancy Mon says:

I remember when you and Robert Horry were BFF’s. Peggy and I actually got to meet him in the Birmingham airport after we had done a Mildred and Gertrude there. So you know he was impressed by us. 🙂

Jennifer says:

SO glad to hear the LPL in Portland was an amazing God-show! Did we really expect anything less?

I am laughing out loud at your basketball pictures and commentary! Mama Beth, your multiple talents never cease to amaze me!

Jennifer – Texarkana, AR

Sara Re-nae says:

So, so, so good to hear! My husband I were just there two weeks ago visiting family, and it killed me that I just missed you!
    Can’t wait to go to another of your conferences, please, please come up again to Montana or anywhere close… we have a caravan waiting to go!

Emmy says:

That is hysterical! Thrilled Portland was awesome! Knew it would be! Emmy

Anonymous says:

You go girl! Father Thomas Keating is the first to teach me about the “false self” and how it is developed due to the wounds of a life time- however, allowing it to be removed by Christ is our goal- when we are ruled by the ego(false self) we cannot be and serve as God created us to be uniquely- I hope we will have the opportunity to hear what you shared in Portland! When will it be possible to get audios of these events- they are blessings and encouragement? How did you sleep last night? Your Siestas prayed into your rest. Blessings

Blessed in Oregon says:

Six words:
    Thank you, God, for Beth Moore!

I was so blessed to be at the Portland event! Praying for my ego to be crucified so that Christ might be formed in me!

God bless you, Sweet Beth!
    Linda C.

Anonymous says:

I am from Portland and was so blessed to be able to attend your event this weekend. We absolutely loved you and I will be sharing my personal experience with the women from my church in West Linn, Oregon. Thank you so very much for coming to the Northwest – we love you!

Anonymous says:

Hey Beth, God truly showed off this weekend in Portland. Worship, listening, responding and applying are such a joy together. Not all of it is easy… except that it’s easy to be uneasy about yielding an entire self to God. In the long run it is such a joy. Even in the short run it is the ultimate good deal. Worth everything. I drove 5 hours to be there and came home so I could be in my local church today. I heard the same principles proclaimed using David and Saul in the teaching. I know God is up to something in the Pacific Northwest. He is SMOOOOOTH! Bless you all!

Kimberly says:

I love to come by here. 🙂 I don’t comment all of the time…but I sure love to come by. This post and the pictures just make me grin. You are too much. 🙂

I have been wanting to thank you for the Esther Bible study. Oh, my, oh, my…how it has spoken to my heart. What made me think of it right now is you mentioning big egos at the end of this post. May I just say…when I went into your study, I had NO idea I was going to end up having some issues in common with Haman. Have. Mercy. My heart needed to be challenged and confronted on some things….and I am glad you were the sweet, humble, fireball for Jesus vehicle that He used to deliver some much needed conviction. I am presently working on that whole being useful instead of trying so hard to be special thing. 🙂

I sincerely thank you, Ms. Beth.

Hoping some day to get to be in an auditorium hearing your sweet voice in person,
    Kimberly

Paige says:

What a great post! Thanks for sharing about your trip to Portland.

Monica says:

I was in Portland, and it was AMAZING, life changing!!! Thank you Beth!!
    PS. I stayed in the same hotel as your bff (:

cindy arney says:

I drove to Portland with women from our Cottage Grove church. Loved the event. We’re so excited about all the windows the Lord opened up in us through the event. I have a lot to think about, pray about, and chew on. I was meant to be there. I was especially touched by the idea that we are to enjoy and embrace our freedom and let Christ unfold in us and fill every inch of our bodies from the tip of our head to the tip of our toes. I knew that, but now I really know that.
    It reminded me of our history when the slaves in the south were freed. Many of them embraced their new found freedom and went on to carve out new lives, at great cost to all they held dear. But others were free in name only. They continued to live as slaves, servants to their masters, never understanding or walking through that door to a new life.
    I also was delighted to discover that God isn’t intent on erasing the “who” I am that He made me to be, but wants me to nail my ego to the tree.
    Loved what you said about we girls getting over the gender issue in the Bible because men have to deal with being called the Bride of Christ. What priceless insight.
    The women from our church unanimously agreed that we have never experienced anything so profound or inspirational as this conference. We’re ready to go again.
    We were moved by the last praise song on Saturday where 7300 women sang in unison, unaccompanied by instruments. We loved your worship team.
    If the Trailblazers had to lose to anybody….I guess we’ll accept the Rockets since we love you so much.
    P.S. there was a woman in the bathroom line in front of me that came all the way from Hawaii. Her sister in the states purchased the ticket and that’s why her state didn’t appear in the info.

beyond this moment says:

It was truly amazing. God really showed up in a special way for me.

I attended the event alone – actually, it was a spur-of-the-moment kind of thing – and I’m praising Jesus that He usurped my plans for His!

When the time came for the invitation I looked around and saw women praying for each other just EVERYWHERE. It was beautiful, but I felt so alone.

“No one knows me here,” I thought. “No one cares. I am alone.” But I’m never alone(!!!), and God showed me that in a real and tangible way. As I sat alone in my seat crying, a woman sat down next to me and prayed the cry of my heart. The EXACT CRY OF MY HEART. Talk about Holy Spirit intercession!

I don’t know her name – she walked away into the crowd before I even saw her face – but God spoke through her to my brokenness and when she wrapped her arms around me, I felt Christ formed in her and knew it was His arms too.

The words God spoke through you were amazing Miss Beth, but that prayer and those arms… if God brought me there just for that, it was more than enough.

My six words from ego:
    I have nothing. I’m too broken.

My six words from God:
    I AM your everything. Live Free.

~ Bethany